Wednesday, February 19, 2014

For what its worth

In the almost 32 years of my life, I have seen many things. Death, destruction and rebirth.
The one thing that has not changed in those years is one thing: second chances.

I can remember when I was a kid. I had the worst case of asthma. I could not run or play with the other kids because I would run out of breath or start to feel dizzy. There were meds to be taken hour after hour with needles and breathing treatments. Seventeen years later, I was a starting guard for a women's football team.

I remember when Katrina hit and I came home to find all that I had loved was gone. The sky blue walls I had painted four months before were moldy and black. Less than 10 years later, my blue walls are just as beautiful and just as pure as they were when I choose the color.

I remember losing my father and having to bury him. I was heart broken and lost. I thought there was no end to the pain. Eight years later, I still miss him but I try to carry on the vision he and my mom put towards me.

What is the actual meaning of this post? I have learned to live with obstacles and how they affect my life.
Now almost three years out of college, I am facing another fear: The fear of not finding work.

Is it hard? Yes. I have applied to many jobs over the past few years. I actually had a job but no career advancement. Did it suck when I had to leave? Of course. I started as an intern with the promise of better things. I was told by reporters and teachers that I was a rare find in this business: A person that could have compassion for the viewer but have the ability to be cutthroat when possible.

I have been told the road to success is a long one. That you have to work hard and wait for your turn to jump in. Once you get the taste of being what you love, you want more. You sacrifice things and sometimes people just to get where you want to be.

Will I get where I want to be? Yes. It will be hard but it's not like it's never going to happen.
Will I have to lose to win or gain? Yes. If things have to be done, I will do it.
Will I ever give up? No. It's not in me............

No comments: