Sunday, December 13, 2009

And I want to live in my dream part 2

Well, a few months ago, I started a blog about Jay and mine's relationship. For you who may have forgotten since it's been a while and you don't want to re-read the first one, I'm black and Jay is white and there has been some things that have shaped and affected our relationship.

Well now that Jay is home, the stares have come back. Its almost 2010 people. Almost 50 years after the Civil Rights Era, people still cannot get over the fact that people can cross racial borders and find love.

However, since moving home, I have learned something. When I first came home, there were many Latinos who moved here to find work in the rebuilding process. Some have a big ass problem with them coming here but I was like this: If they want to do it and you want to sit on your ass, shut up bitch.

Well, as they started living here, they started to become more involved with the NOLA society and with its people. Now three years later, there are more Latino/Black, Latino/White and Latino/Asian couples walking around. As I see them, I smile yet I see those same people who looked at Jay and me with stupid dirty looks. I hear them mumble: Is he/she from here? (meaning if they are illegals), I wonder if they speak Spanish to insult people cause people don't know what they are saying?, I wonder how many people live in their homes?

Stupid shit that makes me wonder what's going on in their lives that makes them comfy to judge others? What makes them feel that their way is the right way? Then it hit me: These people are unhappy. There is something missing in these people's lives and they are trying to fill it with hate and ignorance. Their hearts are hurting and instead of embracing love for themselves, they decide to hate on others and their happiness.

So what can we do to live in our dreamworlds? Easy, just love and be in love. Love your life, love your happiness and love your special someone. Be in love with love and all that it can build and fulfill.

Til next time,

Lovely :)

No comments: