Monday, November 4, 2013

A poem for those who miss someone

This is for everyone who has someone they miss or will miss deeply. If its from relocation, war or anything else, this is for you....


As I walk down the road, I think of you
As I stare out the window, I wish for you to be next to me

As I sleep, I dream of you
As I feel the breeze of the wind, I hear your voice calling for me

As I cry, I feel you wiping away the tears
As I pray, I hope that God is protecting you until we meet again

For we are physically apart, but in my heart, my soul and in my spirit
I know you are there with me

I know you have to get on the grind, but there is a selfish part of me
That wants you to stay with me

You worked so hard to get here you are
You fought off the worse and rolled with the best

Some accepted you in there circles while others tried to shut you out
Still you rose to the occasion

Now it̢۪s your day and all I can do is be there for you
I see you there proud of the result of your hustle
But I know that this is the end of one chapter and the beginning

I know that the days, the weeks and the months will pass
And the time, the space and the distance will come into play

One thing I know that will stay true is we will always have our good times
Cause where there's me, there's you; where there's you, there's me

No comments: