Sunday, January 3, 2010

A poem about lost love

To be without you

Is like being without my daytime

Everyday seems so gloomy

And I don’t know how I get through

I had others pursue me

Try to lure me

Attempt to woo me

Try their hardest to move me

Away from you

But I try

To get by

Just by the sound of your voice

I look for you in every face I see

But yet I go to bed alone wondering

If you are out there looking for me

Do you feel the void that I feel
Do you clutch your pillow at night

Craving for my embrace

Wanting to wake up to the morning light

Next to my sleeping face

Do you feel my arms wrap around you

As I say a silent prayer for your lonely heart to heal

As a young woman

I didn’t understand the ways of a widow

Like Betty or Coretta

But being without you

I feel in my heart

That I can’t do any better

Cause you are the one who has my heart

Maybe that’s why I feel such pain when we are apart

No comments: